Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Final-ly

Normally at this point in the year, with only 2 weeks of school left, I would be over the moon. But two major things have corrupted these feelings:

1. It is 50 degrees and raining outside
2. Finals are coming up, and I don't know what to do with myself

Honestly, you'd think things would be dying down in time for finals, but our teachers don't seem to want to kill the workload until right before finals. We have the first part of our history final in TWO DAYS. I don't understand why they think cramming before the end of the year will help us learn. As Lillie said on her blog, do I really want my kids to grow up in a world where it's more about tests and grades than creativity and ability to learn? As Mr. Doelger wisely put it, Lakeside never wanted to be a college prep school, because they wanted students to learn for the quality of information rather than the quantity. I talk too much about school.... I'm so excited for Hannah to come! I am literally counting down the days. While it doesn't make up for not being able to go to Cheley this year, it's certainly nice to be seeing her for the first time in a year. Anyways, just 3 more years of high school to go--I'm praying I'll make it through.

LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

No comments:

Post a Comment